The first beta-version of OpenDNSSEC has been released.
The following things are new for this release:
- <Purge> tag added to automatically delete keys that have been dead for some interval.
- Rename all OpenDNSSEC command line tools and daemons to ods-XXX (e.g. ksmutil becomes ods-ksmutil).
- kasp_check command added to check the conf.xml and kasp.xml configuration files for sanity and consistency.
- communicated and keygend combined to form “ods-enforcerd”.
- ksmutil command line changes. Most commands have changed slightly, but there are some significant changes (see command-tools-syntax.txt for details.)
- Enforcer database now has a version number. If it differs from the version number in the code (specified via a #define statement), the software will issue an error message and not connect to the database.
- “ksmutil list keys” now displays the keytag if the -l flag is passed to it.
- “Emergency Keys” renamed to “Standby Keys” as this better reflects their role in OpenDNSSEC.
- The behaviour of SOA Serial value ‘counter’ has changed according to Ticket #31.
- The directory “xml” and been renamed to “conf”. (This is part of repository clean.)
- Zone fetcher added, that will do AXFR from the master.
- There has been several changes to the KASP DB.
TCP-support for LDNS on Solaris is currently broken due to an issue with SO_RCVTIMEO. The result is that the zonefetcher doesn’t work. No other parts of OpenDNSSEC is affected by this bug. There is currently no workaround.
There are also a tar ball for this beta-release: opendnssec-1.0.0b1.tar.gz
You can also get it with subversion:
svn co http://svn.opendnssec.org/tags/OpenDNSSEC-1.0.0b1 OpenDNSSEC
This entry was posted on Friday, October 2nd, 2009 at 15:36 and is filed under Releases. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.
Comments are closed.