We have now finally released the first version of OpenDNSSEC. We want to thank you all for being patient and so helpful during our alpha and beta trials.
Changes between RC4 and 1.0.0
- Fixed a broken path in ods-control
OpenDNSSEC has some known issues, but they will be fixed in a future release.
- Auditor slow for large zones
- KSK rollover requires manual timing
- Too slow when handling massive number of zones
OpenDNSSEC 1.0.0 can now be downloaded from: opendnssec-1.0.0.tar.gz
Plans for OpenDNSSEC 1.1
Here is a short extract of what to expect from version 1.1 in March:
Performance improvements for large zones
Performance improvements for large numbers of zones
- Clarification to the KSK rollover process
- Different auditing levels
- Configurable auditing program
- Improved registrar support (EPP client plugin)
You can read more in our release plan.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 9th, 2010 at 15:18 and is filed under Releases. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.